Vegetarian and vegan is a lifestyle of eating less animal foods which aim to maintain health. There is a striking difference between vegans and vegetarians. Before deciding one of them should find out what the difference of these two types of dietary patterns.
The most popular reason someone disclosed that being a vegetarian is a health problem, because only consume a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and grains which keep the heart healthy.
Instead the reason someone commits a vegan diet because of health problems, environment, ethics and others.
As quoted from Hubpages, Tuesday (20/04/2010) there is a very sederhaan difference between a vegetarian with a vegan.
People who consume a vegetarian diet is not meat, while people who do not eat a vegan diet all animal products, so it will not consume meat, milk and even eggs.
Vegetarians who eat meat usually only feel guilty, while the vegans tend to be more pro-active boycott all products of the animal.
Meanwhile, other differences that cause someone to be a vegetarian or vegan is a person’s personal taste. Some people there who do not like the taste of meat, while others have become sick despite eating only one drop of milk.
Vegetarian itself divided into several types based on whatever food intake consumed, namely:
1. Pescatarian, that kind of diet that does not consume all kinds of foods made from meat and other animal foods meat but still eat fish. Most people will adopt this method, hoping to turn into a vegetarian.
2. Flexitarian or semi-vegetarian, which is a term for someone who almost became a vegetarian. Most of the food consumed is a vegetable or fruit, but sometimes also eat meat or just eat fish and chicken only.
3. Lacto-vegetarian, someone who does not eat eggs, beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish and other animal products. But this type are still eating foods derived from dairy products.
4. Ovo-vegetarian, someone who eat eggs but do not eat anything that comes from meat or dairy products.
5. Lacto-ovo-vegetarians, is to combine programs and lacto ovo vegetarian diet. Someone still consume milk, butter, cheese, eggs and other products except meat.
One of the things to look before you decide what diet to be taken is to look at the effects of diet on health, as quoted from Buzzle, there are differences in the two types of health benefits from this diet, namely:
Vegetarians, have health benefits such as lowering cholesterol in the blood, reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke, has a life span (age) which is longer than people who ate meat, help you lose weight, reduce the likelihood of developing diabetes, gallbladder and gallstone problems.
Vegan, have health benefits such as improving heart health, because healthy cardiovascular avoid fat and cholesterol in the diet, lowers high blood pressure, help fight diabetes type 2, prevent breast cancer and degenerative bone due to age, arthritis or osteoporosis.
By understanding the differences between the two patterns of this diet, then you can choose one of them in order to change the pattern of life that exist today. But before you actually decide, it could not hurt to consult first with your doctor about your actual health condition.